Who says happy times are over simply because the COVID 19 pandemic, has refused to take flight especially in most cities of the world, even though boredom has crept in a few times.
Although there has been the ease in lockdown enforcement in most states, a lot of people, still have to deal with the situation right from the confines of their homes, and truth be told, we are gradually approaching a new era, in which we might need to adapt to completely survive.
For most couples, staying at home together has been the status quo, for quite some time now and it can definitely a herculean task trying to work out a way to stay focused and at the same entertained without losing the cool. While it still boils down to similar interest, here are a few things you could both engage in and stay happy;
- Exercise: If you and your partner have always had dreams of keeping fit and staying, then this is just the perfect time to do so. You can both have a schedule for your work out session, and you definitely don’t need to hit the gym, as there are tons of fitness ideas you can get online, with the ease of even having them on apps.
Exercise is a great way of staying, and while at that, it gives you both the chance to bond again. Laughing at mistakes and learning new routines, also helps to keep the heart merry, and maintain a positive attitude to the current situation.
- Play Games: Whether on your phone, desktops, or TVs, playing games help to create a great and healthy competitive spirit in the house. You also get to find out new interest in games, while staying happy at the same time.
While you’re both at it, ensure you immerse yourself into each experience and allow room for your heart to wonder as well. Depending on your schedule for the day, you can both try out new games and spend hours discovering others you never knew existed, keeping in mind that the major goal is to stay entertained.
- Netflix and Chill: Who says you can’t have a great cinema experience while you’re both at home. Thanks to Netflix, you are provided a variety of options that would keep you not only entertained but also thrilled based on personal preferences and selections.
If you really want to make it much more fun, and you have homemade DIY snacks, or get some from the store, and enjoy a few hours of movie time. Come on, relax, it’s not the end of the world.
- Rearrange furniture: Now that you are both spending more time at home, how about spicing things up by rearranging the furniture or giving the house an aesthetic lift? You can get loads of design ideas on several decor platforms, and thought you may not want and need to get new items, simply taking something off the shelve, or changing the position of the chairs, could give you feeling of being in a new environment.
Doing this also serves as a therapy of some sort, helping to get rid of excess tension, most especially if done in the company of your partner, or loved one. If you don’t like the outcome, you can try out other ideas. The point to create a fresh new ambiance.
- Create visual memories: As a result of this pandemic, the world has been put on a semi halt, and a lot of the fast-paced hustle we engaged in before this episode began, are beginning to shutdown. This is probably a sign that you need to take some time off, and actually live. Breathe, think, and appreciate the life you have been given.
This is the best time to create visual memories that would be shown to your generation yet unborn, giving them a pictorial representation of how things are at the moment. These memories can also be shared between you two, later on when all these are over, as a testimony that you both actually overcame this. So get in the mood and document those happy moments!
New ideas on fun pop up every time if only you can take time out to develop those ideas. It doesn’t have to be conventional, all you need is interest, and cooperation from your partner and you’re both good to go.