We are gradually approaching the era of the after the coronavirus, and come to think of it, a lot of things would change in how we view the world.
The reality of this is that a lot of things would change and we would definitely witness a lot of changes in the business sector, and in the economy at large.
With this comes the good and bad news. The bad news is that a lot of sectors have been drastically affected by this pandemic, and even worse off, a lot of folks have also lost their jobs. In Nigeria, for example, non-essential services have witnessed a sudden downturn in sales, and at the fore of such is the fashion sector.
However, the good news is that ideas are always in the market, but it takes smart people to actually invest in this billion-dollar minefield. Your business might have been affected by this pandemic, and you’re stuck in a place, how about you consider these 5 business ideas in the wake of the end of the pandemic.
- Delivery Business: Now that everything has moved online, how about you secure your space in that aspect as a stakeholder. Delivery businesses are gradually booming, and this is the time to take advantage before it gets densely populated.
Based on your personal research and survey statistics, you don’t need to massively invest in a lot of vehicles before you become established. Though it is very important that you do your feasibility studies before you venture into it. In Lagos for instance, where commercial bikes have been banned, a whole new market has been launched, as many bike hailing services, have converted their model to a delivery system.
- Data/Telecommunications: Now that everyone has moved their business and offices online, this is a sweet way to get back on your feet Post COVID. Almost everyone needs data to survive and keep their jobs, and right offering huge data services might actually be the silver lining in your grey sky right now.
Again, you don’t necessarily have to invest a chunk of money, if you make the right findings. All you need is to increase your network and offer affordable services while doing that.
- Food: Right now, food is the king of the market. Everyone just wants to eat and survive before all of these is over. The good part of it is that there is always a peculiar market for food. Nobody rejects food, or better still provisions, because it is paramount to human survival.
The tricky part is that you need to find out what your unique market would be and how you would navigate around it. Before the pandemic, food has always had a steady market, and after the pandemic, nothing might actually change. This is definitely a good time to invest in this business and put yourself out there after the pandemic.
- COVID 19 starter park: Yes, Corona might go away, but it’s after effect, would still stick around for a long time to come. The use of sanitizers, face masks, disinfectants and all others would increase, hence this is the time to make a solid impact in the business world.
You can start with small scale production, before moving on the large scale production, depending on the pace of your models.
- Online community: If you are tech-savvy, this should be your call. How about you develop an app where clients can interface with service providers, most especially essential providers. This is the time you need to start thinking big, in order to secure the bag.
New disruptive businesses are emerging in the tech space, and you might need to take advantage of this new shift and dimension, even as we anticipate the end of the pandemic. If you can’t do this alone, you can pull a team together and discuss terms and conditions.
Which of these would you love to venture into?