JennySoul.com
  • Home
  • Relationships
  • Health & Fitness
  • Fashion & Style
  • About JennySoul
    • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
JennySoul.com
No Result
View All Result
Home Blog

FG to Evacuate 83 Nigerians From South Africa in Major Repatriation Move

Faka Olodu by Faka Olodu
August 18, 2026
in Blog, Fashion & Style
0
FG prepares to evacuate 83 Nigerians from South Africa
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal Government will evacuate 83 more Nigerians from South Africa on Wednesday, August 19, as part of ongoing efforts to assist citizens facing difficult conditions abroad.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced the planned evacuation in a statement issued on Monday.

The latest development comes after nearly 1,490 Nigerians were previously returned to the country through the Federal Government’s voluntary repatriation programme.

You might also like

Wande Coal Fires Back at Davido Over Unreleased ‘Come My Way’ Verse

Egypt Coach Hossam Hassan Collapses After Dramatic Fight Between His Wives

Burna Boy, Shakira’s ‘Dai Dai’ Scores Huge Win as Global Chart No. 1 for Fifth Week

READ ALSO: Burna Boy, Shakira’s ‘Dai Dai’ Scores Huge Win as Global Chart No. 1 for Fifth Week

Table of Contents

  1. 83 Nigerians to Return Home
  2. Private Individuals Sponsor Tickets
  3. Nearly 1,490 Nigerians Already Repatriated
  4. Concerns Over Afrophobia in South Africa
  5. Government Seeks More Support
  6. Diplomatic Efforts Continue
  7. South African Group Sets September Deadline

83 Nigerians to Return Home

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the 83 returnees are scheduled to depart Oliver Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg at 3:35pm local time on Wednesday.

They are expected to travel aboard South African Airways and arrive at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos at approximately 8:45pm.

The evacuation represents another effort by the Nigerian government to support citizens who wish to return home amid concerns about their safety and welfare in South Africa.

The ministry said the latest group would be returning through a voluntary arrangement.

Private Individuals Sponsor Tickets

The government said the latest evacuation was made possible through the intervention of private individuals who sponsored the returnees’ airline tickets.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed appreciation to the individuals for helping Nigerians who required assistance to return home.

“The Ministry wishes to note that this latest cohort of returnees is facilitated through the kind intervention and sponsorship of tickets by public-spirited private individuals,” the ministry said.

The government described the support as an example of how private citizens and organisations can contribute to assisting Nigerians facing consular emergencies.

Nearly 1,490 Nigerians Already Repatriated

The latest group follows the completion of the Federal Government’s voluntary repatriation programme, which resulted in the return of nearly 1,490 Nigerians from South Africa.

The repatriation programme was introduced amid concerns over the treatment of foreign nationals in parts of South Africa.

Issues including Afrophobia, discrimination and hostility towards foreign nationals have remained a concern for Nigerian authorities.

The government has continued to emphasise the importance of protecting Nigerians living and working outside the country.

Concerns Over Afrophobia in South Africa

The Federal Government said it remains concerned about acts of hostility and discrimination directed at Nigerians and other African nationals in South Africa.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Nigeria would continue working with South African authorities to address the underlying causes of Afrophobia.

The government also stressed that violence and discrimination against Nigerians should be condemned and that perpetrators should be held accountable.

It said its priority remains protecting the welfare and dignity of Nigerians both at home and abroad.

Government Seeks More Support

The ministry has also appealed to private organisations, state governments, corporate bodies, philanthropists and other Nigerians to assist citizens experiencing consular emergencies.

Such support, the government said, could help citizens facing difficulties abroad and complement official assistance provided through diplomatic missions.

The latest evacuation demonstrates how private sponsorship can help facilitate the return of Nigerians who may otherwise struggle to afford travel arrangements.

Diplomatic Efforts Continue

While the government is helping some Nigerians return home, it said diplomatic engagement with South Africa would continue.

Nigeria intends to work with South African authorities to address the factors contributing to Afrophobia and prevent attacks and discrimination against Nigerians and other Africans.

The ministry said Nigeria would continue pursuing strategic partnerships with host countries to improve the safety and welfare of its citizens.

“The government remains committed to deepening strategic partnerships with host nations, including South Africa,” the ministry said.

It added that efforts would continue to address the root causes of Afrophobia and ensure that violence and discrimination are prevented.

South African Group Sets September Deadline

The latest Nigerian evacuation comes amid fresh developments involving immigration and undocumented foreigners in South Africa.

South African anti-immigration group March and March has announced September 30 as a deadline for undocumented foreigners to leave the country.

The group reportedly announced the date during a protest in Durban on Monday.

It also called on African leaders attending the 46th Southern African Development Community summit to support the return of undocumented migrants to their respective countries.

“We are announcing the second wave of the 30 June National Day of Action,” the group said, calling for what it described as a major protest ahead of the September deadline.

The organisation also urged South Africans to report undocumented foreigners to the police.

The development adds to existing concerns among migrant communities in South Africa, including Nigerians.

For the Nigerian government, however, the immediate priority remains assisting citizens who need help and strengthening diplomatic engagement with South Africa.

The planned evacuation of 83 Nigerians on August 19 will therefore mark another chapter in Nigeria’s ongoing efforts to respond to concerns affecting its citizens abroad.

For official updates, naturally link the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Tags: #LagosAfrophobiaFG evacuationJohannesburgMinistry of Foreign AffairsNigeriaNigerian governmentNigeriansNigerians in South AfricarepatriationSouth Africaundocumented migrants

Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Burna Boy, Shakira’s ‘Dai Dai’ Scores Huge Win as Global Chart No. 1 for Fifth Week

Next Post

Egypt Coach Hossam Hassan Collapses After Dramatic Fight Between His Wives

Faka Olodu

Faka Olodu

Related Posts

Wande Coal responds to Davido over unreleased Come My Way verse
Blog

Wande Coal Fires Back at Davido Over Unreleased ‘Come My Way’ Verse

by Faka Olodu
August 18, 2026
Hossam Hassan reportedly collapses while stopping fight between his wives
Blog

Egypt Coach Hossam Hassan Collapses After Dramatic Fight Between His Wives

by Faka Olodu
August 18, 2026
Burna Boy and Shakira celebrate Dai Dai topping the global Billboard chart
Blog

Burna Boy, Shakira’s ‘Dai Dai’ Scores Huge Win as Global Chart No. 1 for Fifth Week

by Faka Olodu
August 18, 2026
Newlywed British couple killed in helicopter crash on Greek island during honeymoon
Blog

Newlywed Couple Dies in Shocking Greek Island Helicopter Crash During Honeymoon

by Faka Olodu
August 18, 2026
Diddy named on Tupac Shakur murder trial witness list as prosecutors allege revenge killing
Blog

Diddy Named in Tupac Trial Witness List as Prosecutors Make Shocking Revenge Claim

by Faka Olodu
August 18, 2026
Next Post
Hossam Hassan reportedly collapses while stopping fight between his wives

Egypt Coach Hossam Hassan Collapses After Dramatic Fight Between His Wives

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

JennySoul.com

JENNYSOULBlog | Music | Dating & Relationships Expert | Singles & Married Contact: Email: helloatjennysouldotcom | Tel: 08034907371, 07025029141

Stay informed, stay entertained

Categories

  • Blog
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Growth
  • Health & Fitness
  • Music
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Radio Talk
  • Relationships
  • Sales Tips

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

Follow Us

  • Privacy Policy

© 2025 JennySoul

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Relationships
  • Health & Fitness
  • Fashion & Style
  • About JennySoul
    • Contact
  • Privacy Policy

© 2025 JennySoul